Plans are already in full swing for this year’s events and promotional activities but we thought we would first take some time to review Christmas 2019 and share with you some of the feedback and results.
There have been lots of positive comments about the Christmas Festivities from both the public and businesses alike, particularly with regards to the Street Lighting, Window Competition and Elf Trail.
We saw a huge increase in website visits over the November-December period with the Christmas, Window Competition and Advent Calendar pages receiving the highest volume of traffic. There was also a significant increase in engagement across social media channels and we were delighted to see the public’s response and support over the festive period; taking part in the events, sharing photos and voting in the People’s Choice Award. The ‘green tree’ outside Jack Wills was once again very well received and we hope to do something similar for 2020.
Having Hugh Bonneville take part in the Window Competition certainly created a buzz amongst the public, businesses and local media. The effort you all put into your displays was not unnoticed and really helped make our city centre look its best.
Thank you to everyone for your support over Christmas, we know how important this trading period is for you all and hope it was successful.
If you have any comments or suggestions for Christmas 2020 then as always we would love to hear from you, so please do email [email protected]
Christmas in Numbers:
- Sole provision of Christmas city centre lights inc 16 streets, 3.4 miles of lights, 900,000 LED bulbs
- 12000 copies Christmas Festivities guide printed and distributed door to door to Chichester District, Portsmouth, Southsea, Emsworth residences.
- Festivities brochures available from 230 visitor attraction outlets across the region
- 5,000 copies Christmas Festivities guides delivered to Chichester city centre businesses to be distributed to the general public
- Elf Trail (12 businesses inc on trail); Window Competition (29 businesses inc); Virtual Advent Calendar (11 businesses, 156K total reach on FB)
- Provision of 18 Street performances to entertain Christmas Shoppers
- 88 illuminated Christmas trees
- Trees illuminated in Eastgate Square, Little London, Cathedral Green and East Street
- + 215% increase in traffic to BID website
- Promotion of Late Night Shopping, 120.1K reach on FB