Chichester BID’s Response to Coronavirus
These are worrying times for businesses on the high street. However, we want to assure you that your BID Team is dedicated to continuing to provide support and up-to-date government information and advice. Following current government protocol, the team are working remotely until further notice but are contactable via email on [email protected] or [email protected].
We have been constantly monitoring the ongoing situation and have been in regular contact with the BID’s Board as well as Chichester District Council. We will continue to respond to businesses as quickly as possible and provide answers where we can.
We are committed to keeping our Chichester levy payers as informed as possible and ensure they have the right tools to access any government support available to help them during this time. We will be updating this page regularly as well as our social media channels as the situation unfolds.
There’s no doubt that there are challenges ahead, but we’ll work with you to provide support however we can and ensure that the unique and vibrant character of Chichester’s high street survives this current situation.
Please do get in touch on 01243 773263 or email [email protected] if there is anything we can do to help at this time.
- Let us know if your business is running any new services or offers due to the current situation (for example online shops, delivery or takeaway services) . Just email [email protected] with the details or tag us in and we will be more than happy to support and share on our social media channels.
- Unfortunately, due to the current pandemic, preparations for our summer campaign have been pushed back. However, we are working behind the scenes on this and will be ready to put into place when we bounce back.
- On 23 March the government ordered the closure of all non-essential premises. Takeaway and delivery services may remain open and operational in line with guidance on Friday 20 March. Online retail is still open and encouraged and postal and delivery services will run as normal. Click here to find out more.
- To read current government guidance for employees, employers and businesses please click here.
- For government support for businesses including the Job Retention Scheme and deferring VAT and Income Tax payments please click here.
- To find out more from Chichester District Council on grant funding and business rate support click here.
- For government information on Statutory Sick Pay click here.
- For advice on Coronavirus from Chichester District Council including support and information for businesses click here.
- For information on the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme click here.
- Find further information on government support for those affected by COVID-19 here.
- Read more about the government response keep up to date on the number of cases and risk in the UK here.
- Find information from Citizens Advice including what to do if coronavirus affects your work here.
- For government information on what to do if you cannot pay your tax bill on time due to Coronavirus click here.
- For advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed from fsb click here.
- For the latest government lockdown guidance for everyone in the UK click here.
- For all BID Levy enquiries please contact Chichester District Council.
- To read Chichester District Council’s business related FAQs on Cornoavirus click here.
- To read the full Chichester District Council Coronavirus Update click here.