On Thursday 26th August between 3pm and 7pm Chichester is holding a Summer Street Party that will see many of the city’s businesses actively taking part in the celebration with fun and innovative ideas and activities for everyone to enjoy. There will also be a host of music, games, food and festivities including:
– Download the free LoyalFree App and take part in our Children’s Party Trail for a chance to win Chichester Festival Theatre tickets or pick up a trail form from V2 Radio by The Cross
– If you spend over £25 in any city centre business, bring your receipt to the Chichester BID stand at The Cross to be entered into a prize draw to win one of five £50 Chichester Gift Cards
– The Cross – V2 Radio Live and performances from Arabesque School of Dance
– Northern Quarter – Carousel and entertainment from SuperStrings and Spotty Dotty Bubbles, as well as interactive activities from Goodwood, Everyone Active and the Rotary
– Eastern Quarter – Fashion Show with Toast Events featuring Dartagnan Menswear, Rosie Rose, River Island, Phase Eight, Sweaty Betty, The Body Suite, Joules, The Bazaar, Penny Plain, Cherry Vintage, Jaba Yard, Proposals, L’Occitane
– Southern Quarter – Trampolines, face painting, reptile handling, hook a duck and a balloon artist
– Western Quarter – Yoga and Pilates on the Cathedral Green from Lano with four 15minute sessions beginning at 3:30 with Sun Salutions, 4:00 with Flow Yoga, 4:30 with Slow Yoga and finishing at 5:00 with Breath work and Meditation. The Body Suite will also be on the Cathedral Green at 4:15 with a pilates taster session and 6:15 with a reformer demo as well as craft making with the Novium Museum
– St Martin’s Courtyard (behind M&S on East St) – Vintage entertainment from Dawn Gracie
Food & Drink:
Enjoy indoor and alfresco dining with many of our city centre eateries and pubs as well as a selection of street food vendors on East Street
From giveaways, offers and activities, below is what the city centre businesses are doing to join the party…
Winter’s Moon and Refilled– Paper Flower Making Demonstration Outside Store
St Olav Christian Bookshop – Stand Outside Store
My Sister’s House – Stand Outside Crane Street
Robert Dyas– Stand Outside Store
TOCA– Hair styling, mini manicures/mini pedicures, music, mocktails, frozen trearts and snacks.
Rainbow’s Parlour – Free Ice Cream and Shake Samples and a milkshake design competition
Comic Books and Coffee – Outdoor Games
L’Occitane– Fashion Show on East Street
Dartagnan Menswear – Fashion Show on East Street
Boots – Make-Up Demos, Raffle and Goodie Bags
Leaders – Goodie Bags and Special Offers on Letting & Sale Services
Hancock & Partners– Open afternoon from 1pm – 5pm to receive free property advice, whether that be for the sales or lettings markets.
Trespass – Camping display outside store. Discount vouchers and general information on the outdoors available
Chichester City Council – Vintage and Very Nice Market in the Old Court Room
Stands – Goodwood, Chichester Festival Theatre, The Novium and more. The Novium stand will feature free city trails, farm themed origami and handling objects in conjunction with their latest exhibition.
Alfresco Dining – The Old Cross, Puchases, Luckes, Spires, Rainbow’s Parlour, The Escapist, The Cornish Bakery Company, The Real Eating Company
Entertainment– SuperStrings band and Street Entertainment from Spotty Dotty.
The Fountain – Outside live performer
H&S Coffee – 20% off
Present Surprise – Spend £20 and be in with a chance of winning one of five £50 gift cards. Goodie Bags also available.
The Sweet Jar – Sweetie Bags from 50p in-store and on the street
Analogue Records – Music
Kids Stuff – Giveaways
Whirligigs – Crafts Outside Store
White Stuff– Goodie Bags and Refreshments
Sweaty Betty – Fashion Show in East Street
British Heart Foundation – Hook the Duck, Lucky Dip, Tombola next to The Fountain
Crew Clothing – Refreshments, 25% off full price items and a Gin and Tonic for those who spend over £75 in store
Jojo Maman Bebe – Stand Outside Store and Offers
Kiwi Recruitment – Balloons and Charity Ice Cream Stall
Jaba Yard – Fashion Show in East Street
The Information Shop – Outside Stand
The Lunch Box (Cooper Street) –Will be in full party mode and launching ‘Sushi by Emma’ on the day
Entertainment– Free children’s games and activities including trampolines, balloon modelling, animal handling and fairground rides.
Alexander Jewellery – Live Music, prosecco and mini summer puddings available for shoppers
St Wilfrid’s Charity Shop – Outside Stand
Rosie Rose – Goodie Bags. Fashion Show in East Street
Penny Plain – Fashion Show in East Street
River Island – Fashion Show in East Street
The Bazaar – Fashion Show in East Street
Phase Eight – Fashion Show in East Street
Katie Loxton– Refreshments
The Body Suite – – 10% off all purchases on the day.
– 20-minute taster class at 4pm on the Cathedral Green.
– Reformer Demonstration at 6.15pm on the Cathedral Green.
– Pole Fitness Jam at the studio in East Street from 4-6 pm, people are welcome to drop in, watch and enquire about classes.
– Fashion Show on East Street.
The Entertainer – Product demonstrations, freebies and giveaway goodies.
Lush – Make Your Own Bath Bombs Outside Store
Joules – Special Offers, a Prize Draw and Fashion Show in East Street
New Look – Spin the Wheel and In-Store Discounts
Wagtail Coffee & Yoga – Free Outdoor Yoga Classes for Kids and Adults:
Children’s Yoga in the Square 4:30 – 5:30pm
Adults Yoga in the Square – 5:30- 6:30 pm
Entertainment– V2 Radio, Fashion Show and DJ (Toast Live)
Proposals – Fashion Show on East Street
Cherry Vintage – Fashion Show on East Street
Sandra’s Cafe – Competition to win a gold high tea for two worth in excess of £50, tickets cost 50p each. Special offer on tea or coffee with a cookie. A cake sale stall and Mel’s Healing Sanctuary.
Hole in the Wall – Gin and Tonics for £5 and Live Music from 7pm to Keep the Party Going (booking advised)
Entertainment – Live music from Dawn’s Vintage Do at the Vintage Village on the courtyard in St Martin’s.